Monday, October 09, 2006

Providence of God

As I am searching for a study in my quiet time I am drawn to this topic in my Bible. I am curious so I've began with the verses it list and searching for the true meaning of this providence; what it is and what it has to do with God. It list the verses as : Ps. 104, Mt. 10:29, Acts 14:14-17. Thanks to dictionary.com I've gotten a clear definition of what Providence is...

1.(often initial capital letter) the foreseeing care and guidance of God or nature over the creatures of the earth.
2.(initial capital letter) God, esp. when conceived as omnisciently directing the universe and the affairs of humankind with wise benevolence.
3.a manifestation of divine care or direction.
4.provident or prudent management of resources; prudence.
5.foresight; provident care.


So with that being said I think it is safe to describe Providence as divine direction. I think that simplifies it to be able to understand it much better. Thank you Lord for the study bible! :) I is a big help to those of us who can't always comprehend, but you know that already.

Psalm 104 Basics:

- There is a one verse introduction.
- The first stanza speaks about the celestial realm above (v. 2-4) and the fifth of the nautical realm below (v. 24-26) - the two realms that bracket the "earth."
- The second sings of the eareth's solid foundations and secure boundaries (v. 5-9) and the fourth of the orderly cycles of life on earth governeed by sun and moon (v.19-23)
- At the center a nine verse stanza celebrates the luxuriation of life in the earth (v.10-18)
- To the pem's main body he added a fourverse stanza that recites how God maintains life on earth (v. 27-30), a two verse conclusion (v. 31-32), and a three-verse epilogue(v. 33-35).

Wow, if that is just the basics then it's just going to be a huge study for me! Hurrah, learning something.

---

I took Bonnie to the vet today and she had to be left all day for her shots and I was just driving around running errands and I got a phone call at 3:15 asking if I had planned on going to my doctor's appointment today! I freaked, I can't believe I forgot it. I thought it was tomorrow but I went. The doctor seems nice, I can't make a judgement on the first visit because I think she was annoyed that I was late, 30 minutes but it didn't appear they had a bunch of patients.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!

Wow you've moved! Hehehehe..

Your entry is enriching. Thanks for this :)

As for me, I see Providence as God's divine promises to us :)

God bless!

- Ems

Anonymous said...

I ԁon't even know how I ended up here, but I assumed this put up was good. I do not know who you are however definitely you're gоing to а famοus blοggeг fοг thoѕe ωhο are not alгеаԁy.
Ϲheеrs!

Loοk аt mу wеbpage: sportsbet